Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Well now Christmas is over and a new year has begun.

It would seem that I am soon to join the working force and my time of being a Stay at home dad is coming to a close. The kids are 5 about to become 6 and I have had the best time being with them since they were babies.

Five is a magical time in the life of a child. Santa becomes this fully realized figure and the magic of Christmas takes hold to the delight of parents and children who play at this time. The thing about triplets is that we have a constant battle of "keeping it even." We always have to make sure that Santa gives equal gifts to all the kids in size and scope. It would never do to have a child feel singled out as better or worse than the others. Same with the stockings.

All that said the kids are spoiled in a manner unheard of in my life a child. They have Three sitting around a tree un wrapping present parties. Christmas morning at my home. Then my Dad's house and then the In-law's house. to say my house becomes a wasteland of toys and empty battery packs in an understatement. Christmas Morning we went through three packs of double AAs and a pack of triple AAAs. half of which was to support the nefarious Santa work.

I love my kids and love seeing their faces in the morning though I worry about their privilege and entitlement. I want to them to realize how lucky they are. These kids have their own bedrooms and a playroom and toys in every nook and cranny of the house. In the words of parents the world over, you only get one childhood, so what is the harm?

The kids are currently in gymnastics and about to have their 6th birthday party at a arcade. Hopefully by that time I will have good job and I will have to retool my writing schedule if I can remember to continue. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment