Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Basketball Camp.

This week the kiddos have been doing Basketball camp. They are loving it though Iris has stated that she would like soccer more. The kids are learning the fundamentals of the game. The dribble and the different shots, how to pass and of course team work. On the first day all three were on the same team and they wrecked shop. Being triplets they have a distinct advantage over the singletons. They spend every day doing team work and playing together. They grasp passing and working together in ways that this whole camp was designed to teach the other kids. So now they are all on separate teams and it has turned out a little better for everyone.

When I go to pick the kids up it's a little weird. I am the only Dad there. I am the only non-employee male in the entire building. I stand there among the seething throng of mother's and nannies listening to the gossip of the day as if I was a fly on the wall. The mothers are all dressed in the traditional garb of their people. yoga pants, pony tail, t-shirt, and overpriced cup of coffee. And I stand there heavily tattooed normally reading a book waiting for my children. My favorite part of the day is when the camp is over and all three kids swarm me yelling daddy from across the room and we all walk out holding hands. It always shocks the soccer moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment