Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Kids are getting schooled.

Well ladies and gentlemen the triplets are in school. I promise I didn't cry when I dropped them off. Not even a little though now I find my self at a loss. I miss the chaos of the daily routine. It's now the third day and the silence is deafening. I do get to clean the house and get chores done that normally the children would not allow, like moving things out of a room to mop the floor. I don't have to keep them from trashing the place. A room will stay clean until the kids get home. It's almost like I get some progress in the cleaning.

Cooper has declared that he hates homework when he could be playing or eating as the case may be, Bobby does it begrudgingly but Iris loves it. It's like Iris has been practicing homework since she first met hand with crayon. The kids love their teacher and have expressed that they would rather buy lunch than bring it from home. They are also fiercely independent as compared to the other children. There are still other kids crying for their parents in the class and my kids are all like "what's their problem?"
We were blessed to have the kids in school for the past two years in one form or another and they love to go do new things. The only thing is that they tend to be much different with out each other in social situations. Bobby lights up since he is center of attention, Cooper tends to be the sports guy and gets real inquisitive where as Iris drifts towards being more introverted. The funny thing is that together they are so confident and work so well together it's crazy. They hit the playground and start up the games, tag, hide and go seek, duck duck goose to name a few.

What as a single child I never understood was sibling rivalry and conflict. I get it now. The teacher made  a big mistake putting all the trips together in one table. I think that lasted about 30 minutes. The boys will just laugh and distract each other as only best friends can do and in a second it will  go to a ground and pound fight. Thankfully Iris tends to be above it all. So far I believe this is going to be an amazing year for the Cory's and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment