Wednesday, February 19, 2014

So when are you going to get a job.

I must hear this often enough that I feel the need to write about it. I would like to get a paying job don't get me wrong but at what cost do you know what average day care costs in this country? for triplets? I'm just going to say that it's more a week than what a lot of people make in a week. Now lets throw in gas for the drive to and from day care. Now lets talk about laundry. Who is going to do all the laundry for the triplets? Also in day care they don't tend to do all the grocery shopping or cook the meals. Wait what about a maid service I wonder if we can get some sort of pro bono maid service. Hey I'm going to need a chauffeur to get the kids around the town and school and their other activities. Do they make the kids do their homework at day care or do I need to also hire a tutor?
Now I have to somehow pay for all this while I have been "unemployed" for five years so what kind of starting salary do I need to get this thing going. More than I've been offered I can tell you. I quit my previous job because I was not making enough money to cover day care and all these other incidentals not to mention that the kids hardly ever get sick. So now five years down the road I still get asked these awful questions and I have about reached the end of my civility to strangers about this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment