Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day prep.

Sometimes I feel that I came from a different age and I guess I am so last millennium because we as parents got a note home asking us to "help" our children make their valentine's day card catchers. It was suggested that we use a cereal box or something similar. Which annoyed me and makes me ask a lot of questions. For example what is going on in the class that keeps them so buy that they have arts and crafts homework? Is the reason because they don't want that many kids with scissors at once? And if so why was I required to provide scissors for my children? Does the classroom not have enough construction paper to complete the project? Is it a question of glue rationing?

I seem to remember that when I was in school one of the projects that we did around valentine's day was to make our card receptacle. I seem to remember standing up to cut out shapes and coloring the heart shaped construction paper then gluing it to said receptacle. We would put them up in the class room and for the entire week they would collect all the valentines and then on the big day we would get to open them and eat any candy.

I just don't understand how schools work anymore to be honest, my children are in Pre-K and if they don't have time to make a construction paper valentine's day box in class what the hell are they doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment