Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve with the triplets.

On this morning we have just gotten back from eating breakfast out. And My wife making sweet potato casserole for the dinner coming up. And the kids wander the house talking in delighted tone as they prepare for their Christmas haul. I sit and enjoy my coffee. So far it's been a great Christmas and soon the chaos of the true holiday will start and we create strata of wrapping paper and lose the children in layers of discarded paper and bows. So fun, and while speaking of todays lunch engagement.

My Father in law bought FIVE pounds of shrimp to feed the family for a light and easy lunch before the presents. My Mother in law has also decided to cook a double digit turkey for a light and easy lunch. Now since the turkey will be taking up the center piece of the table I know that my Father in law will be needing to move that shrimp like a used car sales man.
"You know what goes good with pie, SHRIMP!"
" You want a little after dinner shrimp?"
"You want some shrimp in your eggnog?"
"Hey everybody gets shrimp for Christmas."
"Why is my stocking wet?"

And now we enjoy the Shrimp who stole Christmas, and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment