Friday, December 27, 2013

Now that the holidays are over.

We seem to have quite the influx of toys and other sundry kids stuff it would seem it's time for the purge. We have so many toys it's silly. My boys have a ten gallon tub filled with matchbox cars. My girl has more dresses and jewelry than a princess at this point. The kids have all manner of playsets and dolls along side of games and car tracks. A huge tub of dinosaurs and video games and enough new clothes to merit three loads of laundry. I think that I may be poor but my children are doing pretty well. Now for the parents, the  main thing that we got for Christmas is sticker shock. I am dreading the final bill since I am loath to count that high when it comes to money. But when the kids loose their minds over the Santa experience, that is something that has no price.

This year the kids are almost Five so the whole Christmas thing is really coming into full comprehension in their candy riddled minds and this is the bee's knees. This year we also introduced the fact that they give gifts to each other and to us as parents. This is the year that the kids were able to do the Christmas pickle game. You know where you hide a pickle ornament in the boughs of the tree and the first one who finds it get a special present. The present this year was a yodeling pickle, So that is fun and very loud. Thankfully the children are well behaved and had a wonderful time and I can assure you that they are already asking when Santa will  come by again.

No comments:

Post a Comment