Monday, December 2, 2013

Sand.

I can't stand sand! If it wasn't for sand, the beach would be really nice. If it wasn't for sand playgrounds would be a lot more relaxing for me as a parent. I have to say that kids tend to be sticky about the hands and face in particular. Sand is the worst. it gets into everything. And if that wasn't bad enough it seems to self propagate from within their clothing. Now the inside of the children's playroom and the back of my van look like the beginnings of a desert just from the sand in their shoes. The bottom of the bath tub looks like a riverbed and when the kids would shake their heads the sand would cascade spreading it's filth into my home. For the now unforeseen future we will be eating sand and slipping on it and finding it everywhere. I don't know about anybody else but for me sand have never ever been worth the endless cleanup for a hour worth of play. If people can't understand my point you either don't have children or have never let them in sand. And if you still think that I am unreasonable then I challenge you to let my children into your home after one hour in a sand box and you can tell me how that works out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment