Monday, March 3, 2014

Trapped

When the schools shut down due to the weather, where does that leave the parents? It's crazy to think that while I was still working the types of jobs I had before kids that on days like this and worse I still made it to work. I have no idea what I would be doing at this moment other than freaking out about what to do with the kids. It appears that the corporate overlords who live in other states give not a whit about the safety of their employees and you must then come to work at personal risk to car and physical safety. I have no doubt in my or the wife's ability to navigate the icy conditions however I can't control all the other texting ice drivers that will assuredly plague our roads this day.

Back to the point at hand, what am I supposed to do with the kids trapped in the house all day. Today they will be helping with their laundry and they will be going with me to get the groceries today. Maybe I'll bundle them up and throw them in the back yard for a bit, maybe I'll get a fire going and make hot chocolate for everyone. Maybe I'll buy some art projects at the store and that might buy me an hour of peace. Or most likely I will have to do all these things to keep them from driving me crazy. Good luck out there today.

No comments:

Post a Comment