Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Disney on Ice.

I had never in my life before seen any sort of ice capade. I can tell you I was not the target audience.
The kids loved it as the Disney characters danced across the ice in their cumbersome costumes. Not to mention all the impulse items placed every 15 feet. When I tell you I was shocked by the amount of shills hawking plastic you need to believe me. I mean every 15 feet they had a booth selling the same products as the booth before and the booth after, in case you missed it.  It also seemed that every 5th spot was a kiosk for pose with a instaprint photo with the cardboard cut out of select characters.

The kids had a great time and they got their share of loot, from swords to light wands. special cups, coloring books and hats. The show was about everything I could have expected and as such not that bad. The bad thing was that if you wanted a beer from the concession stand it was $12 for a 6 oz cup now they do that because they know the parents need it and for that they are bastards. But I blame the stadium for the beer cost and not Disney. Disney I blame for being consummate product placement paragons and if that was just Disney on Ice, how difficult is it to make through Disney land or world?

No comments:

Post a Comment