Wednesday, April 30, 2014

One thing I can say about triplets.

Before the triplets I was completely unmotivated to try and work or fit into society as I believed that society expected me to. I resented work and financial responsibilities that I felt was a tool used to maintain order among the populace, and I couldn't be bothered. Now with that in mind I have over the years developed this concept of work that breeds resentment and a soul withering response to the theory of work. Work any work was a anathema to what I understood as our purpose to enjoy life. I believe I have missed many an opportunity because of this belief.

Then the triplets came, I had no choice but to work, and work I did. I have never in my life worked so hard and still do to this day, but as the triplets became more self-sufficient I found my self with this developed work drive that needed an outlet. I needed something to do that would allow me to express myself and focus this new developed energy. If you had asked me five years ago if I would be writing and working in the haunted attraction industry, making masks, props, costuming, marketing, acting, and managing, I would have laughed it off because it sounds like a lot of work. And if you had told me that I would in addition to all that be a host on a radio show, I would have never believed you.

And the only reason I get to do this is because I have the support of my wonderful family and life just keeps getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment