Friday, November 15, 2013

Late night rescue

On Thursdays my wife has the night off. which means that she come homes late after the children have been put to bed. It was a trade off from when I used to go out on Friday nights for game night. Well last night as she was leaving a place about to head home for the evening she finds that her car won't start. At this point the kids were already asleep. So when my wife calls to tell me that the car is dead we talk over our options and settle on me coming to help out. I got the kids up having to carry Cooper and Iris individually to the van. Bobby got up and made it out on his own. The kids were super groggy as I got them fastened into their car seats. Then we backed out of the driveway. The kids commented on how scary our alley was since it was dark outside. Then it turned into a game of look at all the lights. We made it all the way to Mommy and she ended up only needing a jump for the battery, "Whew!" The kids did great, didn't get upset once and for being so good on the way to Mom and waiting while we jumped the car we watched SpongeBob Squarepants on the ride back home. And I only had to carry Iris back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment