Thursday, November 21, 2013

Rambunctious is the watch word.

My kids when separate are angelic wonderful delights of all that parents hope for and see through rose colored glasses. When together it's party time 24/7. You parents of singletons have the grace to go home after a play date you get to go wind down and get into a rhythm with your precious little angel. Where as here it's a play date during every waking minute.

In some ways it's wonderful because my children don't solely depend on me for entertainment but on the other hand it's NEVER quiet. At least they don't constantly fight. If their play habits are any indication, then I can only assume that when puberty hits the fights will start in earnest between the kids for privacy and bathroom time or etc. I am going to loose my mind.

I'm going to confess something now. When my kids were born I was so excited and proud that I couldn't wait to help them explore the world. When they walked I cheered. When they said dad the first time I got choked up. When they went to school the first time it was heartbreaking. Now though I cringe when I here the word "Daddy"

The word "Daddy" is very rarely followed but "I love you"
 or "Thank you."
 It's normally followed by "I want you to buy this."
"Somebody hit me."
"Why does....." etc. etc.

It's a constant stream of consciousness pouring out of three four year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment