Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dress up and costumes.

Halloween is my favorite time of year, always have been, most likely always will be. My kids love it as well. Since we have triplets I am always thinking of different costumes for three that they could wear. I have tried to get them to be Ron, Harry, and Hermione from Harry Potter. No they said. I have tried to get them to go Princess Leia and C-3PO and R2-D2 or Leia and the stormtroopers and they said no. We've also tried the three stooges, Ghostbusters, General Zod, Non, and Ursa, again no.
  Here is what they do want to dress up as every year. Iris wants to be a princess all the time 24-7 and the boys, Bobby wants to be a car or race car driver and Cooper wants to be Iron Man. Cooper, for as long as he could give voice to it he has always wanted to be Iron Man. Bobby always wants to be fast or a car. For the longest time Bobby called Dash from The Incredibles, Fast Boy. To this day he calls The Flash Fast boy as well. I don't think it's any car as much as the desire to go fast, and he thinks that a car is the best way to go fast.
 We are always trying to get the kids to dress in a theme for the holiday and their personalities drive them in three very different directions. The closest we have gotten is the boys to both dress up as DC comic characters but again Iris was a princess as well as this year I am sure. We keep trying to get her to be Batgirl or Wonder Women but she absolutely refuses to be any thing but a princess. Her princess fixation carries into all dress up play, I worry she has a slight obsession. But then again Bobby is the same about cars, as is Cooper about Iron Man, At least Iris likes different princesses.

1 comment:

  1. my daughter has an obsession with vampires and witches.. her kindergarten year she was a Vampire witch.. yeah.. good luck trying to figure that one out.. but I managed!

    ReplyDelete