Friday, October 25, 2013

How the YMCA hurt me.

Earlier in the summer I joined the YMCA so I could get cost effective swim lessons for the kiddos. I was not overly impressed with the level of teaching that the trips received. Aside from that it wasn't a bad deal after swim lessons. They offered child care while you worked out at no cost other than the monthly fee.
 Now with the kids in the second grading period of school and me working the haunt there just isn't time for the kids to go and no time for me to go, so to save money for the family we decided to cancel our membership. It wasn't a large cost but when you have triplets every dime counts along with the impending doom of Christmas.
 I walk in yesterday to cancel and the clerk asks, "May I ask why your discontinuing your membership?"
 I reply, "Well to save money and the kids are now in school."
 This rotten son of a bitch looks me in the eye and asks, "So are they going to college in town?"

No comments:

Post a Comment