Monday, October 7, 2013

Sleeping in is a myth.

My wife and I like to sleep and we will practice it at length given the chance. You see once the triplets were born all thoughts of sleep had to disappear. The first four months was spent getting up every two hours to feed the babies. I don't really remember it except in flashbacks.
 After we got the kids sleeping through the night we thought that we had hit the holy grail of sleep again. Then we have the issues of the children not being able to sleep past six A.M. ever, no matter what, no matter where. The kids go to bed every night at 7ish though they are allowed to read in their bedrooms quietly "QUIETLY", "I said be QUIET!" And this normally goes on till about  eightish.
  The mornings oh the mornings. So since the kids always get up regardless of the time they go to bed I have to get up. Sometimes I am able to get up before the kids so I can start breakfast, but the minute I make a single noise in the kitchen my daughter comes running in asking "Is it morning?" And if for some reason MY wife and I get to sleep "in" if we have not opened the bedroom door by 7:30 am sharp the kids start knocking on the door, endlessly until someone answers. I know this to be true since my wife and I have tried to ignore them so we can sleep. That is a impossibility.
  Every once in a great while the boys will sleep in till about 7:15, but not Iris she is a morning person and a early riser. I know all this is going to change once the puberty monster arrives but until then I dream of a long sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment