Thursday, October 10, 2013

The current battle over food.

My wife and I are at our wits end when it comes to food in this house. For the entire time up unitll recently, like since they started school recently, our children we're the most wonderful eaters. They would eat everything and anything that I would put in front of them. They would at least try everything at least once. This is how we got them to try everything from sushi to chorizo crepes. Now I have a hard time getting them to finish any meal.
 I used to cook a large amount of food with every meal and now it seems almost half of it goes to waste. I don't give them constant snacking options and they only get a small snack after school every day which is two and a half hours before dinner. What is the deal?  And what does the other children that they interact with have to do with this new a developing problem?
 I have decided that it's just not worth the constant fights, because I assure that we have been fighting this, But now what was once my delightful children will look at something that they have loved for years and flat out say "I don't like it."
 No reason at all to say this it's as if they just became capricious with all food related projects. except
for cake or some other sweet confection then they could eat to the point of sickness. So now when my children make up their mind not to eat what ever at any given time I just say "I guess your having hunger for dinner."

1 comment:

  1. Normal. I'm not sure if it is the school thing but I know it is an age thing. The 12 year old boy went through a phase at five and wouldn't eat anything. At 6 he ate nonstop (and out grew everything). At almost 8 - NOTHING!

    At 12 I can't keep food in the house.

    ReplyDelete