Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Rackings

My children have this ability to zero in on my gentle bits in all manner of environment. I have gotten used to turning to my side when my children run at me. It is beyond the point of accident at this point. I believe that my children, on some subconscious level at least, don't want to have any other siblings.
 Bobby loves to run head first as me and like to kick when I pick him up so as you can imagine my oldest has managed to rack me coming and going.
  Cooper likes to jump in my lap from long distance, ergo from his bed. The back of the couch, and any other elevated place.
  Iris on the other hand is the master of the knee and elbow. She likes to climb all over me, as they all do. But Iris has done the most damage to my dangly bits. Once she managed to jump into my lap squarely planting her foot right on the off button and ground the wedding tackle into the couch and then drove her knee in the previous position trying to get a hug.
 No one really warned my of the proclivity of children to smash your tenders on a regular basis. If you had asked me before children that I could have ever become used to being racked, I would have said "no."
 Now though, I would not say that I am used to it but I am no stranger to the pain of children and the worst is when napping on the couch you are awaked whilst being trod upon by six pointed little feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment