Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bath time takes a long time.

In some ways it was much easier to bath the children when they were younger. When they were smaller and had a lot less desire to shoot me in the face with water guns, we could get all three into one tub and, we parents could knock in out in a little less than an hour. Now though I bathe them solo in the morning before school. I bathe them one at a time, you just can't fit all three into a single tub anymore much less would you want to. They are starting to grasp the idea that I would rather them do all the cleaning themselves and I just play lifeguard, but still tend to play the helpless card and time is a luxury in this house. So normally I step in and make sure that they are clean from head to toe, that their hair is washed and rinsed. After the bath they get lotion and then we dry their hair and then dressed while in the bathroom with two heaters running so as to keep them warm.

Iris is the easiest of the three, she loves just to float in the water being a water baby. She likes to have clean hair and likes getting her hair dried and done. She likes the lotion after the bath, The only complaint is the warmth of the bathroom which we solve by using two heaters.

Bobby tends to just want to be the center of a whirlpool or throwing wet things about the bathroom or if the mood fits he will grab one of the many water guns and go all wild west on me. He hates getting his hair wet and will not put his face underwater. The lotion part is not easy to do on a squirming four year old.

Cooper loves a bath, likes to dunk his head, and is a lot calmer in the water than the others. Cooper likes water like a fish does. He likes just to be in it and pretend to swim and float and does a good bit of the cleaning labor himself. The lotion on the other hand in a bit of a problem since he is so ticklish.

Don't get me wrong I love the kids and all the time is precious but  familiarity breeds contempt and I am very familiar with bathtime. Don't get me started on laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment