Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Spongebob and the descent into Madness.

I don't like SpongeBob like I used to. Before I was married and obviously before children I used to watch SpongeBob on my lunch brake from work. I thought it was a funny show with just enough adult themes to keep me interested for thirty minutes while allowing me to completely shut my brain off. Now that my kids watch it and it plays ad nauseam on all the kids channels.  This little yellow brain fart has been on the air for 15 years. SpongeBob has become a cultural icon of this century and I gotta tell you I am not sure what that is going to tell about our culture in the future. The problem I have with it now is that before family I could turn SpongeBob off when ever I wanted and now with children they watch it all the time. They demand that insidious yellow madness all the time to the point I cringe when I hear his voice. His laugh is the Muzak of hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment