Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Daddy Issues..Or how I stopped worring and learned to love the atomic bomb.

We all have daddy issues men, women, and pets and the fact of the matter is I am sure that no dad in the world sets out in mind to create them. But yet here we are. I have my fair share of daddy issues to be sure. From my father and I am sure what ever irreparable damage I am dealing out to my children. How do you as a father recognize what the triggers are? You want to be physically affectionate but not to the point where you have to carry your child everywhere. You want to enforce the rules with out creating a environment where the child's only outlet is rebellion. You want them to be safe but you can't lock them up from the world. You want them to read but you don't want to force books on them so much they hate them etc etc.
  I'm torn, my father personally seems indifferent, which has been difficult cause I want him to be around his grandkids and I want my children to know him but words to me is the only action I get and I am required to call him to get those. Now don't get me wrong I love my father and I tend to think I turned out pretty good so I am not saying that he's a bad father or anything just indifferent.
  Because I feel this way I worry greatly that I overcompensate. I mean look at me I am a stay at home dad. I am a member of the PTA. By the third week of school I was having parent teacher conferences. I micromanage the kids and to the point of being a dick the family members for  not respecting the schedule. So in all this I wonder where the daddy issues will play out with my children. Are they going to think I'm over bearing, controlling, a dictator? I don't know only can only hope they know I love them and would stand defiant against the mongol hordes for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment