Thursday, September 26, 2013

Music makers are the little children.

The kids love the music be it on the radio or Mom and Dad's collection or even random stuff that comes on TV. They dance and sing all the time. Not that any of it is any good but at least they're trying right. They have all expressed desire for different instruments too. Bobby wants a Rock and Roll guitar and Iris wants a microphone and a guitar while Cooper wants a drum set. Now the crazy thing is that we as parents have not tried to guide these desires in the children. They have developed this on their own. That said I want to provide my children all that I can, however I am slightly hesitant to trap my self in a house with three children with what at the very least in the early stages will be very expensive LOUD noise makers. I see all the pros to it and I am glad that my children have a love of music, but can you imagine the cacophony.
 One of the normal things that we do when we're driving is sing. We have quite the repertoire, every thing from Row row your boat to It's only a Paper Moon. The kids like to sing although they don't really like to sing together and it can lead to arguments.
  "But, I was singing that," Says Cooper to Iris.
Then Bobby says, "I don't like that song I want to sing this!"
And it goes on until a parent steps in. They all love to be the center of attention when family is involved. My wife and I have decided in a attempt to harness this power that we are going to teach them a singing routine for Christmas to perform for the family. We have decided to teach them Lyle Lovett's "You're not from Texas" and a line dance. All I can say is wish us luck and if and when we make it happen I can promise you there will be videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment