Monday, September 16, 2013

Pictures and the videos with which to torture.

I made a promise right before I had kids that I was not going to be that guy. You know the guy who traps you and makes you look at picture after picture of his kid. "oh this is little jimmy looking left, and here he is looking right, and here he his looking at mommy, and here I don't know what he's looking at but isn't he cute etc etc."
   I hate that. I tried very hard not to be that guy. Then the kids came and when your kids come you must absolutely document every waking moment for at least the first year. You see, it's not that you become this voyeuristic monster, it's because babies don't do much and you want to engage with them and show off your offspring. So you do what every parent does you take photos. You take thousands of photos. You take hours of video. Then when your kid is sleeping you watch the videos and you look through the pictures looking for the best examples of your spawn's cuteness in which to spring on any hapless fool who dares ask about the children.
  This is why I created a facebook page, I made the page as a kind of purge for me. It gave me a place to vomit all the best hits of my triplets photos. I did this so that any family or friends who had any interest could at their leisure peruse the picocalypse. As my friends can attest I really don't talk about the kids all that much unless the story be real funny. I guess this blog is a similar cathartic outlet. If in public I will say that I am a SAHD of triplets and the what not. If I do show a picture it's just the one I have in my wallet, not the hundreds on my phone.
  I love my children and I think the are special and cute and do amazing things. That said, I don't expect you to feel the same way about any kids other than your own. Oh sure other kids might be one thing or the other, especially if your talking to their parents, but generally if they were not your kids they are a lot less cute, amazing, and well behaved. If you don't believe me think about this little thing. Have you ever seen an ugly baby? and if so did you say " wow your baby is hideous"  No we save those comments for some other time. No one thinks their baby is the atrocious little troll the rest of the people in the world see. And remember as a parent, others feel that way about your kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment