Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Laundry or I am Sisyphus.

To start with, I am so tired of laundry, it never ends. My kids go through three different outfits a day. you got pajamas, school clothes, and play clothes. With the trips that is nine sets of outfits a day. I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. My trick is I don't think about it I just do it. I have it set up on a schedule and this is how it goes. I do laundry on Monday and Wednesday for the kids. And then I get to do mine on Friday. Thursday is all about sheets and towels. Then my lovely wife gets to do her laundry on the weekends. This is why I feel like Sisyphus who for a crime against the gods - the specifics of which are variously reported - he was condemned to an eternity at hard labor. For his assignment was to roll a great boulder to the top of a hill. Only every time Sisyphus attained the summit, the darn thing rolled back down again. Only laundry instead of boulder. I have nightmares of being drowned in piles of laundry if I decide to skip a day. It builds up so quickly. And the thing I dislike about laundry is not the washing our drying or putting it back up. Dear lord it's the folding the endless folding, Paring socks, matching up outfits ad nauseum. The only benefit is that during that time I get to watch TV, if the kids let me, kid friendly TV. Thankfully the children are starting to help out with the laundry. If I call them they will come and take types of laundry to it's respective places. be it socks or underwear or other types as the case may be. Unfortunately none of them can use a hanger for shit. I can tell you that if money was no object I would do one of two things. One I would hire someone to do all this laundry and if that was not possible, I would burn everything and just buy new clothes weekly. Nudists may have a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment