Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Food, Feast, and Famine through the eyes of triplets.

My kids like to eat all manner of things, which is a blessing. Any of you who have picky kids know what I'm talking about. The trick was once we got them off the formula was to keep introducing new and varied tastes. This said the main draw back is that nothing in my kitchen is safe. They say caring is sharing but with three little sharks swarming me like blood in the water any time I decide to have a snack it is difficult. I mean it's so constant, so much so, that I don't eat unless the kids are eating or distracted, if not it's a constant barrage of "what's you eating?" "Can I have some?" "Daddy, I'm starving!" Like any of these kids have ever gone hungry a day in their lives. I have tried to convince them that anything that daddy eats is spicy and to hot for them. Now my son Cooper likes spicy food, gone is the last refuge of my snack haven. They eat copious amounts of food as well. In a single week we can easily go through 52 eggs served up just for the different breakfasts. A box of cereal will run out in two days if they are all eating the same. We eat a full pound of strawberries with breakfast. Although in this house the largest meal of the day is breakfast. For a normal breakfast, ten pieces of sausage, twelve eggs, 8 biscuits, a pound of strawberries, Half a gallon of orange juice, and Daddy's coffee. These kids are four. I will have to get a second mortgage to feed them through puberty. Great things though is now we can go anywhere out to eat any meal of the day. We can even go get Sushi now. The kids have tried almost every type of food out there, they really like Italian food with Chinese being a close second. Now with three they each have their favorites Except for Cooper he eats anything. The boy is slim as a rail but must have the metabolism of a jackrabbit cause the boy would eat all day like a hobbit if I let him. Iris is the nibbler of the group and the slowest eater. This girl can make a hour long meal out of a cup of juice and a muffin, I think she would do well in France. Bobby, when he remembers to eat he eats well, but only if he is in the mood. If he is distracted he will go all day with out thinking about being hungry. So his appetite tends to follow his mood more than anything else. Because of the kids I have learned so much more about cooking since I take care of the majority of fuel these little people use to function. When I said famine in the title I really meant for me and how I can't snack attack anymore and dammit I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment